I have been hangering (not hungering but deep hangering) for some lasagna. But of course with food allergies I have to alter it for safe eating, Vegan style. I seen this recipe over at The No Fuss Vegan for a Vegan Spinach Roll Up and instantly wanted it. Yummy! Look at that picture with its ooey gooey green goodness!
I didn’t have all the ingredients so I winged it with what I had and it was delicious!
- 1 Box of Lasagna Noodles (Either boiled or not)
- 1 -16oz Container of Vegan Ricotta ( or make your own)
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 -8oz bags of Daiya PepperJack Cheese (or your own variety)
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Some Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cans or jars of Your Favorite Vegan Pasta Sauce
- Boil your box of noodles (if needed).
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees & grease a 9x12 pan.
- Combine your Ricotta, Spinach, 1 bag of Pepper Jack Cheese & Garlic into a mixer (such as a Vitamix). Blend till smooth. It will look very green, feel free to mix in any veggies if you want. Mushrooms, Eggplant, even Pineapple or a vegan 'meat'.
- Once your noodles are ready and cooled to the touch, spoon a bit of sauce on the bottom of your pan before layering 3 noodles side by side. Next add your ricotta mix on each strip. Another 3 noodles, ricotta mix and more sauce. Feel free to sprinkle some of the shredded cheese in between sauce and noodles, have fun with it. I am not a stickler on recipe rules.
- Once you get to the top layer, you want to make sure you completely cover the noodles with the rest of your sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on 350. Once it's done and ready to eat, sprinkle your Parmesan cheese on top. Mmmmm Enjoy!
- Vegan Ricotta ( or make your own)
- Daiya PepperJack Cheese (or your own variety)
- Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese
For obvious reasons, consult your dietitian or doctor concerning ingredients or allergens in any recipe. I am neither and can not be held accountable. Feel free to alter this recipe, as I have, to suit your taste and/or intolerance. Nutritional values are unknown and not stated.
Vegan Definition: a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products