I remember my husband patiently teaching my boys how to ride their bikes. How they wobbled, shakily steering their bike with fear quite evident on their faces. We recently had the opportunity to review the Strider 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike.
The STRIDER Sport’s simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates fear by allowing kids to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. This unique design teaches young children balance on two wheels right from the start, avoiding developmental delays typical with tricycles and training-wheel bikes.
- Super Light Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Durable, U. S. Patented steel frame
- No-tool assembly and adjustment
- Quick-release saddle and handlebar clamps
- Puncture-proof EVA polymer tires (no flats!)
- Engineered ultralight molded wheels
- Premium cartridge wheel bearings
- Mini-grip handlebar with safety pad
- Ergonomically-shaped padded saddle
- Launchpad Footrest with grip tape
- Available in 7 dynamic colors
Retails for $119.00
My take: Here is a picture of everything that is included:
Set-up was extremely easy and I was able to assemble within 15 minutes and I used no tools except my hands. I love how truly customizable this bike is…not only can you adjust the seat height to the perfect fit but you can adjust the steering wheel height as well. There is even a bigger seat pad that you can swap out when they grow out of the smaller seat.
There is a space for a foot rest so when your child becomes comfortable enough they can take their feet completely off of the road. We started with both feet placed firmly on the ground, “walking” the bike with our feet, then slowly progressed to pushing off and resting our feet on the foot rest.
The bike is very light weight in case your child tires of it and wants you to carry it home after a long bike ride (like mine have done in the past.) I love how much security this bike gives to young children just learning the basic mechanics to bike riding.