The regular chewing gum you see on grocery store shelves is filled with artificial substances, including some of the same components used in the manufacture of car tires, plastic bottles, and white glue, as well as artificial sweeteners like aspartame. EWWW!
I always noticed regular gum upset my stomach. I couldn’t figure out why, but avoided it at all costs. Now, I know, it’s because of the sweeteners. My stomach can’t process it correctly which leaves me unhappy and hurting. Thankfully Simply Gum came along.
Simply Gum launched in 2013 as the only all natural, premium chewing gum brand on the market. They started the company because they also couldn’t find a truly natural and great tasting gum in the market.
Consumers are kept in the dark about what they are chewing because the FDA allows conventional gum brands to hide up to 80 synthetic ingredients in the catch-all term “gum base” on the label. Although there are a few gum brands in the US market claiming to be “natural,” all of them include synthetics in their base.
At the Simply Gum kitchen in New York, gum chefs handcraft the best ingredients into the highest quality (and Biodegradable!) gum on the market. The result is a lightly sweetened, totally natural gum that’s better for your body and the environment. And they include Chew Wraps for when you are ready to dispose.
I had the chance to taste Mint, Cinnamon, Ginger & Coffee.
- Mint- TRUE mint (without the sneezes afterward! I would alway sneeze with mint gum). One of my favorites.
- Cinnamon- Perfect Cinnamon flavor. Not overpowering but enough to freshen your breath.
- Ginger- Not my cup of tea. But tastes very earthy
- Coffee- Talk about a cup of coffee in a small little nugget!
I would absolutely purchase this brand again! Myself and my kids loved it. Plus with it being a healthier alternative, it’s worth it!
- Freshen your breath with all natural chewing gum made from natural ingredients: organic raw cane sugar, natural chicle, natural fennel licorice flavor, organic vegetable glycerin, organic rice flour
- No aspartame, plastic, or other synthetics that are found in conventional gum, concealed under the term “gum base”
- Biodegradable and plastic- free yet you can still blow bubbles; handcrafted in New York; vegan and gluten free; kosher; non-GMO; xylitol-free; great for kids
- TASTING NOTE: “Our gum tastes different from regular gum! Since we don’t use artificial flavors, the taste is more subtle and less sweet. It is also softer. If you like the taste of aspartame and diet soda, this gum is not for you! Our Fennel gum is subtly sweet and refreshing.”
Press Sample I recieved samples to help facilitate my review.