My boys were once again thrilled at the chance to review the newest Shaun the Sheep DVD: Spring Shenanigans.
Spring on the smiles with Shaun and his barnyard buddies when Shaun the Sheep™: Spring Shenanigans,featuring seven wacky new episodes, blooms onto DVD January 25, 2011, from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. Shaun the Sheep is the second fastest growing children’s brand in 2009 (Source: Nielsen), and a new preschool spin off series, Timmy Time™, featuring one of the characters from Shaun the Sheep, debuted in the U.S. on Playhouse Disney in September 2010. Five minute shorts of Shaun the Sheep currently air in the U.S. on the Disney Channel, but full-length episodes are available ONLY on DVD! This DVD release features two episodes starring Timmy, and also includes a bonus episode of the hit new TV series, Timmy Time. With his wooly cronies in on the fun, “ewe” can’t go wrong with Shaun!
The international hit favorite Shaun the Sheep has won the following awards:
- World of Comedy Film Festival – Honourable Mention in Audience Choice Award – March 2010
- British Animation Award – Best Children’s TV series.
- International Emmy for Children and Young People – Nov 2010
- Children’s BAFTA for Best Animation – Nov 2010
- Writer’s Guild Award for Best Children’s Television Comedy – Nov 2010
Spring with excitement and jump with joy, because Shaun the Sheep is back for more wild adventures from the Oscar®-winning creators of Wallace & Gromit. Fun on the farm with Shaun and his barnyard buddies springs to life, from bouncing sheep and a super-sized Timmy to bagpipe buddies and a short-sighted farmer, there’s no limit to the wild things these animals will do. So hop along with Shaun, Bitzer, Shirley, Timmy and those Naughty Pigs next door in some sheep-herding mayhem that’s sure to give you a lift!
- “Spring Lamb” – It’s bath time for a reluctant Timmy. In trying to escape, Timmy gets a spring attached to his tail. It’s up to the flock to catch the bouncing baby sheep and return him to the tub before he destroys the farm.
- “Supersize Timmy” – Timmy accidentally eats a tomato grown with “Miracle-Grow” fertilizer and expands to become the King Kong of sheep. Shaun must keep the giant toddler out of sight while trying to figure out how to return him to normal size.
- “Bagpipe Buddy” – The sheep discover a set of bagpipes on the rubbish dump which they immediately misidentify as a sick emu. They set about trying to nurse it back to health before releasing it back into the wild.
- “Cheetah Cheater” – A wildlife film inspires Pidsley the cat to play a prank on the flock by disguising himself as a leopard. Shaun is convinced there is a huge beast on the loose and concocts a plan to catch it.
- “Lock Out” – While preparing for bed, the Farmer manages to lock himself out of the house and is stuck outside in his pajamas. He decides to spend the night in the barn but his incessant snoring drives the flock mad. Shaun heads up an operation to return him to his bed without waking him up.
- “Draw the Line” – The flock hijack a road line-painting machine and cause chaos while creating giant works of art in the field.
- “Ewe’ve Been Framed” – When Shaun accidentally breaks the farmer’s glasses, he and Bitzer have their work cut out trying to prevent their short-sighted master from having mishaps around the farm. Things get a little hair-raising for the flock before Shaun manages to replace the smashed up spectacles.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Sheep-Shearing Game
- Timmy Time Bonus Episode: Timmy’s Plane
- Timmy’s Tune #2
My take: Their favorite episode by far was “Ewe’ve Been Framed” . I am not sure why but every time they see this episode the immediately ask to watch it agin. The almost 3 year old was thrilled that his beloved Timmy appeared in 2 of the bonus features.
I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.
I did receive product or services to keep for my testing purposes.