Have you tried to make your own play-doh yet? Need a stress-ball that’s more fun? Try this super easy play-doh recipe with essential oils.
This recipe is for 1 color. Make as many as you need or simply double/triple the recipe as needed.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup flour (Do not use coconut or almond. Stick with white)
- 1/2 cup water with 1-2 drops food coloring
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 drops of essential oil
Combine all the flour, water, salt, olive oil and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir. Once its all combined, turn the burner to medium heat. Using a spatula, stir until it forms a ball. (Be careful not to over cook it).
Remove the ball and place on a plate or parchment paper. Once it’s cool enough, add your 3 drops of oil and knead thoroughly.
That’s it! Remember to not use coconut flour (I did- lesson learned!). Use only white. Also you can substitute the lemon juice for cream of tartar if you prefer.
For help, I am including some essential oils that will help with stress, relaxation, clarity, etc.
- Cedarwood: Try this to help relax the mind and the body.
- Chamomile: Try this to help with anger and irritability.
- Citrus Bliss: Try this to help reduce stress and uplift a bad mood.
- Eucalyptus: Try this to help clear the mind.
- Frankincense: Try this to help focus your intention for the day
- Grapefruit: Try this to help increase motivation.
- Lavender: Try this to help calm and relax.
- Lemon: Try this to help boost your positive mood.
- Patchouli: Try this to help provide grounding and balance emotions.
- Peppermint: Try this to help when you are fatigued or low on energy.
- Rose: Try this to help uplift your emotions.
- Ylang Ylang: Try this to help create a positive outlook.
Rose is my favorite but I have many others that are a close second. You could make a bunch of these small batches, each with different colors and scents. Simply store them in a ziplock bag and label them for when you are feeling down, happy, sad, or just anxious. Or even to calm your child down. They smell and feel great!
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a genie. I don’t guarantee if you make this, all your stress & troubles will fade away because you used essential oils. Also, don’t eat it. Don’t drink the oils or taste them unless instructed by your own doctor. This meant to be a fun aromatherapy-type project.