Have you tried to make your own play-doh yet? Need a stress-ball that’s more fun? Try this super easy play-doh recipe with essential oils.
This recipe is for 1 color. Make as many as you need or simply double/triple the recipe as needed.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup flour (Do not use coconut or almond. Stick with white)
- 1/2 cup water with 1-2 drops food coloring
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 drops of essential oil
Combine all the flour, water, salt, olive oil and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir. Once its all combined, turn the burner to medium heat. Using a spatula, stir until it forms a ball. (Be careful not to over cook it).
Remove the ball and place on a plate or parchment paper. Once it’s cool enough, add your 3 drops of oil and knead thoroughly.
That’s it! Remember to not use coconut flour (I did- lesson learned!). Use only white. Also you can substitute the lemon juice for cream of tartar if you prefer.
For help, I am including some essential oils that will help with stress, relaxation, clarity, etc.
- Cedarwood: Try this to help relax the mind and the body.
- Chamomile: Try this to help with anger and irritability.
- Citrus Bliss: Try this to help reduce stress and uplift a bad mood.
- Eucalyptus: Try this to help clear the mind.
- Frankincense: Try this to help focus your intention for the day
- Grapefruit: Try this to help increase motivation.
- Lavender: Try this to help calm and relax.
- Lemon: Try this to help boost your positive mood.
- Patchouli: Try this to help provide grounding and balance emotions.
- Peppermint: Try this to help when you are fatigued or low on energy.
- Rose: Try this to help uplift your emotions.
- Ylang Ylang: Try this to help create a positive outlook.
Rose is my favorite but I have many others that are a close second. You could make a bunch of these small batches, each with different colors and scents. Simply store them in a ziplock bag and label them for when you are feeling down, happy, sad, or just anxious. Or even to calm your child down. They smell and feel great!
Feel free to send me an email if you are interested in ordering Essential Oils. <– It’s linked! Just click it to send me a message.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a genie. I don’t guarantee if you make this, all your stress & troubles will fade away because you used essential oils. Also, don’t eat it. Don’t drink the oils or taste them unless instructed by your own doctor. This meant to be a fun aromatherapy-type project.