#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
A couple of weeks ago, I was challenged to come up with a recipe using Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles. Thanks to my mother-in-law’s recipe of Hoppin’ John Soup this is the creation I created:
Let me tell you it tastes amazing and I was so impressed at how much easier the recipe was to make that it got me thinking of other ways to make recipes easier:
Breakfast- Scrambled egg/sausage tortilla.
- Scramble egg (I always add shredded cheese to my scrambled eggs).
- Warm up Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles in skillet.
- Put tortillas in microwave (layer with paper towels) and heat for 20 seconds
- Combine scrambled eggs and sausage (and hot sauce if your prefer) in tortilla and roll up.
Lunch- Hoppin’ John Soup
- 1/2 bag of Jimmy Dean’s Sausage Crumbles (1/2 lb sausage)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- (2) 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice (fully cooked)
- 1 can black eyed peas (16 oz)
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Pour 1/2 bag of Jimmy Dean’s Sausage Crumbles into skillet and sauté with onions until onions are clear.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice. (Make sure rice if fully cooked prior)
- Cook 15 minutes covered.
- Add black-eyed peas and heat through.
- Season to taste.
Make cornbread and a salad to add with it!
Make your favorite recipe of lasagna but instead of ground beef substitute Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
One lucky MommyPR reader will win a $50 gift card to either Target or Wal-Mart (winner’s choice)!
Tell me what creative recipe you would make with sausage crumbles?
Follow Jimmy Dean on Facebook
Follow Jimmy Dean on Twitter
Share this giveaway on your blog, facebook or twitter with a link to MommyPR and get an extra entry for each that you do daily.
Open to US residents only
Contest ends 11:59 pm Pacific Time 4/11/14
See Contest Rules for More