My niece is a HUGE Max and Ruby fan so when I was offered the opportunity to review Scholastic Storybook Treasures newest DVD I jumped at it!
Since the beloved “Noisy Nora” was first published in 1973, Rosemary Wells has become one of our most treasured author-illustrators. With a career spanning more than 40 years and 120 books, the estimable Wells has delighted children and adults alike with such unforgettable characters as Max, Ruby, and Nora, the attention-seeking mouse. On August 3, Scholastic Storybook Treasures™ invites families everywhere to celebrate her loveable creations with THE ROSEMARY WELLS COLLECTION.
Available for $19.95srp, this new 2-disc set features eight of Rosemary Wells best-loved stories, along with Scholastic Storybook Treasures’ enhanced read-along and comprehension questions to help build early literacy skills, Spanish Versions of “Noisy Nora” and “Max’s Christmas”, Interviews with Rosemary Wells, and a “Gonna Read to My Bunny” music video.
Stories on THE ROSEMARY WELLS COLLECTION include:
- MAX’S CHOCOLATE CHICKEN (narrated by Clavelle Dalferes) — Will Max and Ruby find the most Easter eggs to win the chocolate chicken? Only the Easter Bunny knows for sure.
- MAX’S CHRISTMAS (narrated by Jenny Agutter and Rex Robbins) — Max is told that he can’t stay up to see Santa, but he sneaks down anyway. Will Santa still come if Max is awake?
- MORRIS’S DISAPPEARING DOG — Morris thinks his brother and sisters have better Christmas presents. But inside the last box under the tree he finds a magical gift that makes all his troubles disappear.
- OTTO RUNS FOR PRESIDENT (narrated by Diana Canova) — Who will win the big school election at Barkadelphia School ? Popular Tiffany, Sporty Charles, or good friend Otto?
- NOISY NORA (narrated by Mary Beth Hurt) — What’s a wee little mouse to do when little brother and big sister take up all of Mom and Dad’s time? Make noise, of course, in this faithful adaptation from Wells’ best-selling ALA Notable Book and School Library Journal’s Best Book of the Year.
- EMILY’S FIRST 100 DAYS OF SCHOOL (narrated by Diana Canova) — As the days and weeks of school go by, Emily and her classmates learn new ideas, expand their world, and grow closer together one day at a time
- VOYAGE TO THE BUNNY PLANET (narrated by Maggie Gyllenhaal) — Three bunnies are whisked off to the gentle Bunny Planet — a place that lies “far beyond the moon and stars.
- READING TO YOUR BUNNY (performed by Mary Chapin Carpenter, voices by Diana Canova, David DeVries, Rosemary Wells, and others) — An original story by Rosemary Wells highlights the importance of reading to little ones.
Aside from the collection, also available on August 3 will be the two DVDs from the set available individually for $14.95srp each. MAX’S CHOCOLATE CHICKEN…AND MORE STORIES BY ROSEMARY WELLS features the lead story, along with “Max’s Christmas”, “Morris’s Disappearing Dog”, and “Otto Runs for President”, as well as a host of bonus features (69 mins., NNVG228140). NOISY NORA…AND MORE STORIES BY ROSEMARY WELLS includes the title tale, plus “Emily’s First 100 Days of School”, “Voyage to the Bunny Planet” and “Reading to Your Bunny”, along with numerous extras (84 mins.).
My take: My niece is a HUGE fan of Max and Ruby and my sons have quickly followed in her footsteps. They all had a great time watching these 2 DVDs!
I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.
I did receive product or services to keep for my testing purposes.