Who would ever think that a $149 little video camera could be the one thing that everyone in the family wants to use? Who would ever think that it would be the “must have” in a busy mom’s purse? Who would ever think that you could get really good quality internet videos to share with friends and family for that kind of price? I definitely didn’t think it…until I privileged enough to review the Flip Ultra!
Their claims on their website are all spot on!
- Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Simple user interface lets you start capturing video just seconds after powering on
- Captures 120 minutes of full-VGA-quality video on 4GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Large 2.0 inch color anti-glare LCD screen for instant viewing and deleting
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch FlipShare™ software
- Two standard AA batteries included. Sold separately: Rechargeable Battery Pack and Power Adapter
- Watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
- Records high-quality H.264 videos that work with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Fast lens for great results in low and bright light; 2x digital zoom
- “Child Safe” mode to prevent accidental deletions of clips
- Silent mode for recording in sensitive situations
- Advanced playback, pause, fast forward/rewind features
- Tripod mount fits any standard tripod
- Video: Full VGA at 30 frames per second (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
- Create high-quality, customized DVDs by uploading your Flip videos to the Flip Video DVD Service, available at TheFlip.com
I love how easy it is to use (all 3 of my kids can easily operate it…they are 14 yrs old, 10 1/2 yrs old and 4 1/2 yrs old), how much battery life you get out of it (we are still on our first set of batteries!), how easy it is to upload to the computer (it has a built in usb plug, so no having to dig around for the cord to hook it up), how clear the picture and sound quality is, and the fact that it literally drops down in my purse! Those are just a few of the things I love about this li’l gizmo!
I honestly think that this would make a great gift for those hard to buy teens on your birthday/Christmas lists, or anyone else you know who wants the ability to shoot great video clips (up to 2 hours worth at a time) to send to family and friends online! Not to mention the price is so reasonable that it is affordable on almost any budget!
Here is a video of my daughter…she kept saying she wanted a Flip and so I asked her if she wanted me to record her. She wanted it to “sound like a t.v. commercial” so here it goes 😉
This mom-on-a-budget loves the Flip Ultra and recommends you keep it in mind for yourself or anyone you might normally have a hard time buying for!
~~ Review by Fantacy Bryant
Follow Fantacy Bryant Photography on Facebook!