Gluten is a general name for the proteins found in wheat, rye and barley. Gluten helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds food together. Gluten can be found in many types of foods, even ones that you would not expect. In fact wheat is in breads, soups, pasta, cereals, sauces and salad dressings. Barley is in malt, food coloring and beer!
Thankfully, your resources are much wider now thanks to bloggers & social media. Here we have a list of 21 yummy desserts that are all gluten free!
1. Fit Foodie Finds – Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles
2. Serious Eats – Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Ginger
3. Chocolate Covered Katie – Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins
4. I am Baker – Fudgy Gluten-Free Brownies
5. Jo Cooks – Mini Gluten Free Cherry Pies
6. Lexi’s Clean Kitchen – Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
7. Drop the Sugar – Sugar Free Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
8. Fearless Dining – Gluten-Free Turkish Fig and Yogurt Cake
9. The Girl Who Ate Everything – Chex Scotcheroos
10. The Gardening Cook – Gluten Free Apple Crumble
11. Serious Eats – Gluten-Free Pumpkin Scones
12. The Pretty Bee – Cranberry Blueberry Crisp
13. Chocolate Covered Katie – Gluten-Free Cupcakes
14. Peace, Love, and Low Carb – Bacon Onion Cookies-Low Carb & Gluten Free
15. I Am Baker – Gluten Free Coconut Cake”>Gluten Free Coconut Cake
16. Happiness is Home Made – Fresh Berries & Whipped Coconut Cream Tart
17. Fearless Dining – Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
18. The Girl Who Ate Everything – Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
19. The Gardening Cook – Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
20. Serious Eats – Gluten-Free Blueberry Cheesecake Pie with Lavender Streusel
21. The Girl Who Ate Everything – 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Need to find out more about Gluten Free foods? Check out Celiac.org for food options.