Every since I gave birth to my oldest son (who is now 8), Carter’s has become a staple in every one of my children’s wardrobes. Thanks to The Motherhood, I recently had the opportunity to view the upcoming new fall trends and I must say I see many more Carter’s clothing additions coming soon to their closets.
It didn’t surprise me to find out that Carter’s is the largest branded marketer of young children’s apparel in the U.S. In fact Carter’s sells over 400 million pieces of children’s clothes each year! Carter’s is dedicated to value, superior quality and age-appropriate style, and having just started my back-to-school shopping for the boys I have learned to value age-appropriate style which is not found in many stores these days.
The Key trends and big ideas for fall 2014:
- Activewear / “Ath Leisure”
- Comfortable to play in
- Mesh fabrics in shorts and synthetic applications in tops
- Fun graphics with positive messages
- Seamlessly add to your existing wardrobe
- There are versatile ways to wear these pieces
- Easy to layer for fall
- The line includes PJ’s
- Not just for boys anymore!
- Camo comes in almost every piece this fall – it is a huge trend
- Pattern mixing is a great way to add a new, fun twist to camo pieces for both boys and girls
- For boys – wear bright colors, like red, with camo
- For girls – wear floral patterns with camo
- Tomboy Chic
- All about the mix and match – take something very athletic and give it a girly twist (e.g., sweatshirt paired with lace skirt)
- Camo shoes with sparkly pink shoelaces; high tops for girls with pink laces
- Cuffs turned back on sweatshirts
- Military jacket with floral vintage print on the inside
- Vintage Prints
- Smaller, sweeter graphics
- Includes graphics like ponies, puppies, floral – things girls love to wear
- Unexpected ways to wear vintage prints are available, like vintage patterned rain boots
- Fresh Plaids
- Taking something traditional and twisting it to make it feel fresh and new for fall
- New and fresh colors on the boys’ plaid shirts
- New! Sizes 7-12 at Carter’s
- 62 stores have started carrying this line of older kids’ clothing
- Excited to see how it grows
- Takes age appropriate clothing and makes it available for older kids
I was asked to be a guest pinner for the Pinterest board on the Carter’s brand page for the pj shop so please check it out!!
Carter’s is holding a 40% off entire store promotion between July 17 and August 5 so be sure to stock up on all the new upcoming trends for the school year.
In addition be sure to use this 20% coupon at check-out as well!
My take: I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I was to hear that Carter’s is offering larger sizes. Now all 3 of my kids (2, 6 and 8) can finally wear quality clothing at reasonable prices. No more having to search multiple stores for perfect outfits for family photos.
I also love how easy Carter’s site is to navigate….if you have trouble coming up with a complete outfit Carter’s has you covered with outfit bundles and “complete the look” recommendations.
The new fall styles are spot on for my kids…my oldest loves to be comfortable so the Active Leisure is just his thing. My 6 year old son adores plaid and camo and my 2 year old daughter, where do I start? I adore the vintage florals and the tomboy chic unlike any other trends I have seen this year.
Carter’s generously gave me a $50 gift card and between using the 20% off coupon found above paired with the 40% entire store promotion my kids will be very well clothed. Take a look at what is coming to my doorstep by the end of this week:
Carter’s is generously offering 1 lucky MommyPR reader their very own $50 Carter’s gift card!
Tell me what Carter’s items are on your wish list!
Follow Carter’s on Facebook
Follow Carter’s on Twitter
Share this giveaway on your blog, facebook or twitter with a link to MommyPR and get an extra entry for each that you do daily.
Open to US residents only
Contest ends 11:59 pm Pacific Time 8/8/14
See Contest Rules for More Entries
Some information may have been used from the sponsors website, PR, or other provided material. (Giveaways- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries vs prizes. No purchase is ever needed or endorsed for an entry) The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own and any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified by the above mentioned store, PR,or product designer. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to twitter, facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of Mommy PR and/or its above sponsor.