If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen the incredible potatoes my husband made for New Years. Yes, my husband, not me. I am not a good cook but together in the kitchen, we bake/cook things much better with 2 heads. So this recipe comes from some google-ing, youtube-ing really and finally ending on Laura In The Kitchen -but we added a our own twist, editing out one part and adding something else.
You will need (makes 8):
4 Large Potatoes, washed, scrubbed and dried
4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
½ cup of Sour Cream
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
About 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 ½ cups of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
¼ cup of Sliced Green Onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Take the potatoes and cover the whole thing in melted butter then sprinkle salt all over.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until tender and cooked through. (Most of ours took 1 hour but larger ones needed a bit longer)
- Allow the potatoes to cool enough to touch, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the inside, placing it in a mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, warm together the milk and butter until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Mash the potatoes (that are in the mixing bowl) until smooth and creamy, add in the green onions, sour cream, salt & pepper, half a cup of the cheese and cooked bacon pieces. (Great time to use your mixer!)
- Scoop the potato mixture inside each half of potatoes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake them again for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
Wa-la! You now have Twice Loaded Baked Potatoes!
~~ Angela (Photos from Instragram @MommyPR)
Some information may have been used from the sponsors website, PR, or other provided material. (Giveaways- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries vs prizes. No purchase is ever needed or endorsed for an entry) The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own and any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified by the above mentioned store, PR,or product designer. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to twitter, facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of Mommy PR and/or its above sponsor.