Oh the luxury of anything you buy in “memory foam”. That stuff is the best thing since sliced bread!
When I was offered a review of the new Sleep Number M7 Memory Foam Bed, I was more than excited. It worked out perfectly too since it was right at the time my grandmother was coming to visit.
I found out this bed had Dual Air chambers so if my husband wanted a hard as a mountain, #100 firm side, I could move mine to a soft, overtake your body in memory foam glory, #35. Perfect since our other bed is basically just good for me and not him.
Cools, contours and adjusts to both of you.
- Exclusive SLEEP NUMBER® DualAir™ technology lets you adjust firmness on each side of the mattress for your ideal level of comfort—your Sleep Numbersetting
- 3-inches of CoolFit™ foam with gel technology for a cool, soothing sleeping surface
- Naturally contouring and more breathable compared to the leading memory foam brand
- 12-inch bed with refined styling and soft knit fabric
Between Macy’s & Forever 21
625 Black Lake Blvd
That store is the perfect size for me. Its a smaller store but everything is in eye view and I like that. I like to be able to take one look around and have something either catch my eye or not. Plus, the customer service in there was outstanding. Laughter, kindness, and an overall feeling of down to earth people. They even had a play center for kids and let them get up on the beds.
Now I laid down on one bed and did an IndividualFit. My number was around 25-30. It was amazing to feel the bed go from 100 to 25 and then back up (that’s when you find your number). I could not believe how hurtful 100 felt the second time around, it was hitting all my pressure points and my back was in so much pain! Once it went back down, I instantly felt everything drop off me and I felt so relaxed. My number was right between 25 & 30. Super soft. I was able to see how the red showed my largest (heaviest) pressure points turned to blue once my number came on. It was all in my hips and butt! (I had my own photo but it deleted bahhh!) You can see in this photo how her hips are red then once her sleep number is set it goes down to a green, blue and slight yellow. Its taking the pressure off those body areas.
We switched to my memory foam bed and did a fit on there as well. My number on that one was a 35 because of the difference of the bed makes. That showed me how important it was that every bed is not ever made equal even by the same manufacture/brand. Just because I am a Sleep Number #30 on bed 1 does not mean I will be that same number on another bed.
When the bed arrived we had it set up in our guest room for my grandmother. She was so darn excited she was calling the whole family telling them how she got a brand new Sleep Number bed at her granddaughters house haa. It took less than 30 minuets to set that thing up. Those guys were so funny and outgoing that we felt so comfortable watching them, and learning what they were doing. This bed is not just a standard mattress and box spring. In fact there is no box spring. Its an air chamber! The “mattress” part was actually rolled up like a sleeping bag! (See video below:) If you don’t have a bed yet, don’t think you have to run out and buy a whole new bedroom suit for your new Sleep Number. You can buy Modular Base Legs that go right on your bed base and leaves room for under bed storage. Way cheaper and super durable. They look small on the website, but take my word they are big!
So what did my grandma think?!
- Let me boil the whole story down to this.. She takes a ton of pills. I don’t even know what all they are for but she told me tonight (1 month exactly from delivery) that since being on the bed, she has had so much LESS pain that she has not had to take her pain pills in over week! To start you have to leave the bed in your sleep number for 1 week to make sure it’s the right setting for you, after that if it feels wrong still, you can change it. So I asked her if she had changed the settings at all. She said no, I left it at the one you found for me. #35 (same as mine!). She is so sad to go home soon to her old bed but we discussed the finance options on Sleep Number in case she wants to buy one for herself. She really likes the M7 and has said many times in the last weeks how she is able to sleep in, sleep longer through the night and feels much better with less medication. Her doctor would be so amazed to know all he had to prescribe this whole time is a Sleep Number bed haaa!
Is there anything I didn’t like?
- Well I will say there were only 2 things I would change about the bed or I suppose recommend you to do when buying. One, I like the newer colored top. Mine is all white, and the new one has a grey cover. It looks more classy and would just be easier to maintain than the white. Second, I don’t understand the warranty fully because I was told to purchase a cover for the bed so It would be protected for 10 years. However the kicker is that you have to have the protector and the bed delivered together or it voids the warranty anyways. It just seemed confusing so just buy the extra cover when they offer it just to be on the safe side.
- UPDATE From Sleep Number- “First and most importantly, Sleep Number beds carry a 20 year limited warranty no matter what other product is purchased with the bed. It seems that the confusion is coming from the extra protection that you can get by ordering our Total Protection Mattress pad with the bed. When this mattress pad is ordered with the bed, it provides an additional 10 year stain protection warranty, which means that Sleep Number will fully cover a one-time replacement of the mattress pad and the mattress cover in the event that they’re stained within that 10 year period. Long story short, ordering the mattress pad with the bed doesn’t affect the manufacturer’s warranty, but offers additional protection in the form of stain protection.”
What was your favorite aspect?
- Hum. I would have to say my favorite aspect is the cooling gel technology. I have a pillow that has that and to have an entire bed with it is amazing. My husband likes to sleep with every window open, a fan on and if possible an air conditioner too. Its quite ridiculous. This feature in our new bed should help him cool down without any or most of that extra stuff. That helps both of us.
The Sleep Number M7 Memory Foam Bed (Queen) with delivery, set up, and base legs retails for around $3199.98. You can visit Sleep Number on Facebook at Facebook.com/SleepNumber
I received a Sleep Number bed, from Select Comfort/Sleep Number, in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received and my post was not altered in any way by the sponsor.