While my wonderful LifeLock co-bloggers are at BlogHer learning new tricks of the trade, LifeLock wanted to make sure my readers learned how to help protect against identity theft and be safer online. What better way than to have a iPad!?
Remember to be alert when downloading apps, many collect more information that you would even imagine. Also, don’t store passwords and logins. Watch for snoopers looking over your shoulder and erase your history should your device be stolen. These simple steps will help protect your personal, private and extremely sensitive information. There is nothing a scammer would like more than finding your iPad with preloaded passwords, credit cards and addresses.
Need help choosing a super secure password? Read what Microsoft says will help you keep those hackers out: 5 tips for top notch password security.
What LifeLock service provides:
- Alerts of potential threats–both credit and noncredit related. Network does not cover all
- transactions and scope may vary.
- Online access to a personalized dashboard showing current threats
- Relentless identity monitoring for exposure of your personal information
- Member services with local phone support—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Stolen or lost wallet remediation services to help cancel and replace credit and debit cards
- Comprehensive recovery services if you become a victim of identity theft on our watch.
Read all the rules here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/lifelock/lifelock-retweet-to-win-official-rules/10151153092892953 then watch for my tweets on August 5th!!
This post is brought to you by Lifelock. Sponsor information used with permission.Some information may have been used from the sponsors website, PR, or other provided material. (Giveaways- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries vs prizes. No purchase is ever needed or endorsed for an entry) The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own and any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified by the above mentioned store, PR,or product designer. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to twitter, facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of Mommy PR and/or its above sponsor.