I am a complete chocoholic, though I have no doubt most of you reading this post would also consider yourself a hardcore, extreme chocoholic. In my days before culinary school, I would devour any kind of chocolate….cheap, expensive, milk, white, straight out of the bag, you name it. But now that I have spent more time than I could even guess tempering real, true, delicious chocolate, I turn my nose up to cheap chocolate. Every so often I will eat something cheap – like I know for sure my mom will buy me some sort of Easter candy and I will gladly eat it – but now that I know what real, uncontaminated chocolate tastes like I can’t go back to considering a $1 candy bar as a fulfillment to a chocolate craving.
A chocolate craving can only be satisfied with good chocolate. And by good chocolate, I mean the quality stuff put out by trusted manufacturers who are picky about who and where they source their chocolate from. So when Choccreate.com reached out to Mommy PR, I took a nice long time critiquing their website before making up my mind. And the end conclusion is that Choccreate.com clearly demonstrates they provide the real good stuff!
At Choccreate.com, you aren’t just looking for any ol’ chocolate bar either, you get to call the shots and make the choices by creating your own chocolate bars. You first begin by selecting your type of chocolate: milk, white or dark. Then, you build your 3.5 ounce perfect dream bar by adding nuts, spices, flecks of gold or silver, dried fruits, cereals, sprinkles. You name it, chances are it’s available to add to your chocolate bar. Since these bars would make perfect gifts for someone, you even have the option to add messages to your chocolate bar like “Congratulations,” “Happy Birthday,” “Get Well Soon,” “I love you” or “Thank you.”
Choccreate.com gave me the chance to try out 3 bars, so logically I picked out 1 bar of each type of chocolate. Here are the bars I made:
1. The milk chocolate bar: I recently discovered that curry powder pairs well with chocolate (a little surprising, I know!) so as soon as I saw curry powder as an option to add on, it was added! To go with the curry powder, I wanted to add another flavor that would not only complement but also add a bit of visual appeal since the curry powder really doesn’t show on a milk chocolate bar, as well as texture. Shredded coconut fit the bill perfectly!
2. The dark chocolate bar: I saw espresso as an option, and since coffee is one of my top food loves not too far behind chocolate, I knew it needed to be on my dark chocolate bar. Having just finished a delicious cup of hazelnut coffee that morning, I decided to invite hazelnuts to the party.
3. The white chocolate bar: This was probably my most daring and out of the box bar. When I saw the macadamia nuts, I knew I wanted to use them on one of my bars. As I flipped through the choices of add-ons, I found dried pineapple and the idea of a “Hawaiian” themed bar came to mind. So I tossed the pineapple on but I still wasn’t completely satisfied with the finished product yet…white chocolate, white nuts and yellow pineapple. It was too colorless so I went out on a limb and asked for Hawaiian pink salt as well – a great choice to add some visual appeal to the bar.
The results were fantastic! I really struggle to narrow them down to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, but the white chocolate bar actually surprised me! I thought I might regret the pink salt, but since the white chocolate and the pineapple brought so much sweetness, the touch of salty worked out really well. I have to admit, if I were to make it again I’d put the add-ons on either the milk or dark chocolate because it was quite a sweet bar. Otherwise, I was happy with the clear quality of the bars, the packaging was simple yet elegant (particularly for gift-giving!) and I was happy with the amount of each ingredient added to the bar. As you can see in my picture above each bar comes individually packaged, there’s a label on the back of each bar letting you know what’s inside the bar and it also lists a “best by” date, which is 3 months from the date the bars were made. I would also like to point out that my bars were shipped super quick so I could immediately begin devouring my unique chocolate creations!
If you like the idea of Choccreate.com but aren’t feeling imaginative enough to come up with your own toppings, there are specialty bars that already have suggested add-ons. For instance, one of the best selling bars is a milk chocolate bar with rice krispies, M&Ms and marshmallows. Or if you are concerned about your waistline but still want a special treat, there are bars under the Healthy Choices section of the website such as the “Chocolate Trail Mix” which is a dark chocolate bar with dark raisins, craisins, organic rolled oats and pumpkin seeds.
Choccreate.com would like to generously offer one very lucky Mommy PR reader a $20 gift card to use on whatever you’d like on the site! You can choose one of the bars with suggested add-ons or you can start from scratch and make your own unique bars! Depending on what you choose, you should get about 3 bars from the $20 gift card (but if you create your own and pile on the ingredients, you may only get 2).
Visit Choccreate.com and build your own bar! Please be original and do not copy the bars I created for this review. Come back here and leave a comment on this post letting us know what you created, making sure to include the type of chocolate and at least 2 add-ons you would like.
1. Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or Twitter with a link to Mommy PR and Choccreate.com. You can get an extra entry for each that you do daily.
2. Follow Choccreate.com on Facebook.
3. Follow Choccreate.com on Twitter.
4. “Like” Choccreate.com on StumbleUpon.
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each extra entry!
Contest ends 11:59 pm Pacific Time on 3/16/2012
See Contest Rules for More Entries
I did receive products or services to keep for my testing purposes.
I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.Some information may have been used from the sponsors website, PR, or other provided material. (Giveaways- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries vs prizes. No purchase is ever needed or endorsed for an entry) The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own and any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified by the above mentioned store, PR,or product designer. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to twitter, facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of Mommy PR and/or its above sponsor. You can read more about Mommy PR’s Policy Disclosure here. See our Mission Statement for more on what we promise to uphold on every post.
Original & Hand Written
Plagiarism Will Be Detected
Monitored By CopyScape & Copy Gator