Another trip to Sears Outlet in Tacoma!
I love going in to see new deals. I went in one day for a toaster (if you follow me on facebook you know i had a near death experience with my non bagel toaster and really wanted a new one.) Well i went in to just shop and sure enough they had 2 left! They were only 21.99 and it was 10% off for military. I went ahead and added the $3 extra for a 3 year warranty (because i know i will need it the way me and toasters go.) So far i am pleased, i haven’t had to squish one bagel inside that thing. (Ugh that erks me when i have to do that lol)
I seen they rearranged things again there. It looks as if they have so much more room now. I am also noticing more small products coming in such as luggage, more kitchen appliances, craftsman toolboxes, even a handful of sheet sets. I really like how they have the gazebo set up in the store so you can get a feel on how much room you would need for it, plus it made me really want it even more. (For $149 you cant beat that!).
My only pet peeve that still is unresolved, are the front window(s) are still dirty. Maybe its just me though. I just notice it every time i go there lol. So for my next visit i would really love to see those cleaned up a bit. Not that it impacts my shopping experience or would make me not shop there. Maybe they are understaffed and overworked because the store itself is always spotless and up to par. Ugh i hate to complain, but i had to through that out there lol. Anyways on to the bright and beautiful.
I am eying a few things on my next visit. Hopefully my hubby will be home by then and i can talk him into why we need a Gazebo, Fan, mattress, small freezer, and new Tv Stand. Until then, watch my latest video..
(music is added just FYI)
So what did i come home with for my 1st review? Something we needed desperately. A new TV.
I added pictures of our old one below. It was old, and not even an American plug. I had to tape the plug converter on to it, and then tape the cord to the wall because if it would even shake, it would turn off.
The buttons were missing so you had to stick your fingers into the bottom to turn it on or off.
I make it sound horrible, but it did the job just fine i suppose. I didn’t sell it, i offered it up for free to anyone who wanted it. A local reader of ours actually took it off my hands.
When i was deciding on what TV to get, i knew i just wanted one newer than ours. Something with a little upgrade. I had originally chose a 42 inch Plasma, but after talking to our facebook friends and a gentleman who moves the military families, i quickly learned that a plasma was not the way to go. Not only do they use more electricity than a refrigerator, but are heavier and the military will not cover them in a move.
With its brilliant images and vibrant colors, this Olevia model LCD Full HD (1080p) Television provides high-definition entertainment for any room or office. The 247TFHD 47 in. diagonal comes loaded with advanced imaging technologies, intuitive user interfaces and upgradeable firmware to help you get the most out of your HD set. Olevia even throws in live, in-house technical and customer support for a remarkable, reliable experience. 45.38 x 31.93 x 11.42 in. 87.1 lbs.
- True HD – With 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 1080p is truly the best of the best when it comes to high-definition entertainment.
- Director’s Image™ – Calibrated 6500K color and a full range of brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness and mode controls are available to tune image quality, helping you to get the picture the director intended.
- Big Picture Technology™ – This advanced technology displays up to 37 percent more of analog images and 11 percent more of digital broadcast images than other similarly sized widescreen displays – all without the slightest hint of distortion.
- User-Friendly On-Screen Display – A scrolling icon wheel simplifies your TV experience; Preset video and lighting modes help with different environments and content types.
- Firmware Upgradeable Via USB – The latest software updates and quality improvements are available from the Olevia website, easily uploadable to your TV through its USB port.
- Wide Viewing Angle – With a 176 deg. viewing angle, you’ll have the best seat in the house no matter where you sit.
- Additional Features – 40W (2 x 20W) audio system, PIP/Split Screen and a Digital 3D Comb Filter
- Inputs – HDMI™ w/HDCP (2), Component (3), Composite w/Audio (2), S-Video w/Audio (2), 15-Pin D-Sub
Outputs – Optical Audio, DB-9 Service Port, Headphone Jack
I couldn’t wait to see what HD looked like. Yes, you read that right. I had never seen HD, nor had HD. So i called and canceled my Comcast finally (could not stand those bills anymore) and upgraded to Direct TV instead. Lots of HD movie channels on there. I was so shocked. It was so clear and crisp! I couldn’t wait to tell my husband, well i cant wait till he sees it either of course. I have read a few (ok.. many) reviews on this TV and have learned that it actually out tested a few more popular models in several areas. One being best picture from any angle, and the other for best graphics during gaming, showing the PS3 and XBOX 360 best. Perfect news for my husband of course.
As i have told several of my friends, i haven’t slept in my bed since it arrived. I keep falling asleep watching it. Its like a whole new toy for me lol. I can watch my favorite channel and see whats going on for once. Do you ever have those times when you are really into the show but a glare in your TV or its just too small, and you miss the prime plot? I feel like i was in that mode this whole time with Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters Academy, Paranormal State, … oh can you tell i love the SyFy channel?? When i signed up for Direct Tv i specifically asked for whatever package SyFy was in, because i wanted to really feel i was in my shows with HD and a larger TV.
If you are needing a new TV, i do recommend this Olevia 47in, plus right now, Sears Outlet has it marked down to only $599. Just click on over to see if its available in your area store, pay online, print out your receipt and pick it right up (or arrange for free delivery like i did, they install too!)
Here are my pictures of the New TV and my old beat up 1980s Italian one.
Now i did not review this item but i get to give it away! Who doesn’t want a Blu-Ray player?
Enjoy the thrill of full high definition pictures delivered by the BDP5010. Indulge in every detail, silky smooth action and vivid colors with Deep Colour. Current DVD favorites can also be enjoyed, with upscaling to 1080p via HDMI.
Blu-ray Discs have the capacity to carry high definition data, along with pictures in the 1920 x 1080 resolution that defines full high definition images. Scenes come to life as details leap at you, movements smoothen and images turn crystal clear. Blu-ray also delivers uncompressed surround sound – so your audio experience becomes unbelievably real. The high storage capacity of Blu-ray Discs also allow a host of interactive possibilities to be built in. Seamless navigation during playback and other exciting features like pop-up menus bring a whole new dimension to home entertainmen
- Product: Philips BDP5005 – Blu-Ray disc player – upscaling
- Product Number: BDP5005
- Product Type: Blu-Ray disc player
- Form Factor: Tabletop
- Media Type: CD , DVD , BD-R , CD-R , BD-RE , CD-RW , DVD+R , BD-ROM , DVD+RW , DVD+R DL
- BD Profiles: Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) , Profile 1.1 (Bonus View)
- Media Load Type: Tray
- Upscaling: Yes ( Up to 1080p )
- Supported Digital Video Standards: DivX VOD , DivX (ver.3) , DivX (ver.4) , DivX (ver.5) , DivX (ver.6)
- Supported Digital Audio Standards: WMA
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- Connectivity Protocols: IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet) , IEEE 802.3u (Fast Ethernet)
- Picture Zoom: Yes
- Picture Zoom Power: 2x , 1.2x
- Parental Lock: Yes
- Additional Features: BD-Java , Cinema mode , JPEG photo playback ,
- Sound Output Mode: Surround Sound
- Digital Audio Format: DTS digital output , Dolby Digital output , DTS-HD digital output , Dolby Digital Plus output , Dolby True HD digital output
- Remote: Infrared
- Connector Type: 1 x HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) – Rear , 1 x Component video output ( RCA phono x 3 ) – Rear , 1 x Composite video output ( RCA phono ) – Rear , 1 x Audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) – Rear , 1 x SPDIF output ( RCA phono ) – Rear , 1 x SPDIF output ( TOSLINK ) – Rear , 1 x Network ( RJ-45 ) – Rear , 1 x 5.1 channel audio line-out ( RCA phono x 6 ) – Rear
- Memory Card Connector: 1 x SDHC Memory Card
- Power Device: Power supply – Internal
- Power: AC 120 V
- Power Consumption Operational: 22 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep: 0.7 Watt
- Dimensions: 17.1″ x 11.9″ x 2.6″
- Weight: 6.8 lbs
- Condition: Refurbished
- Price: $199 On sale for $149
Visit Sears Outlet and link me to the best deal you see on something you need.
Follow Sears Outlet on Twitter
Follow Sears Outlet Moms on Twitter
Let me know if you are a fan of Sears Outlet on Facebook
Sign up for the Shop Your Way Rewards! (completely free!)
Share this giveaway any way you want but leave me the status link
(daily-1 entry for every way you share)
trying to #win a blu-ray player (RV $149) on @mommypr from @searsoutlet http://www.mommypr.com/?p=26679 #searsoutlet
Open to Usa
Product will be shipped by Sears Outlet
These are the only entries.
While you are here, Visit some other Sears Outlet Mom postings:
I am a part of the Sears Outlet Signature Team Moms
I did receive compensation for this post.